Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July Birchbox Reveal and Review

I just subscribed in June, so my first box was sent to me in July. July also happens to be my birthday month so I considered it one of my birthday presents!

July's Birchbox was in collaboration with designer Cynthia Rowley. The contents of the box may differ slightly from what other subscribers may receive. Remember, when you sign up, you will build a beauty profile and Birchbox uses that to figure out what they'll pack into your box.

So here is my picture by picture. Reviews directly follow.  Enjoy!

 
 
 


Are you excited yet!?! Here are the contents with my personal review:

*Redken Shine Flash 02* This product is amazing! Its a glistening mist NOT a leave-in-conditioner. I have normal THICK hair and with the Texas heat it can become dull and dry looking. If I use a conditioner or a leave-in conditioner my hair gets oily and nasty looking. So I was super happy that the Redken Shine Flash 02 gave my hair that healthy shiny look without the oil. Just spray it all over and glisten!

*Philosophy Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser* I had seen the Philosophy line at my local Ulta and Sephora, but I never really took much interest in it simply because the price tag seemed too high for my comfort and I did not know anyone who actually used the line. I had heard and read the reviews and it seems to be a good line, so I was excited to try the facial cleanser. Instructions are simple: Apply to a dry/damp face, massage for 60 seconds, rinse with warm water. At first I didn't really like it, but I'm finding that if I use it while I'm in the shower my face feels a lot cleaner. It has a fragrance to it, mostly a strong soapy smell, but it is a very gentle cleanser

*AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream* Its goes on smooth but it has an old lady lotion smell to it. I am constantly washing dishes, doing laundry, changing diapers...I'm a mom...you get the picture. I was not happy with this product. It did not give my hands the necessary moisture that I needed and with my body chemistry the old lady lotion smell ends up smelling like....well just plain gross. Sorry AHAVA, this hand cream is a no go for me.

*ZOYA Nail Polish, Shade: Shay* I'm not a big fan of nude polishes. They never seem to look right on me, but I was happy with the color. It turned out to be light pick with a hint of shimmer, more opaque, than glittery. Its a very professional looking color, one I will definitely be adding to my collection. Just to sweeten the pot: "Zoya Nail Polish is a nail polish free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor." Yay!

*KIND Snacks: Almond & Apricot Snack Bar* Occasionally, Birchbox will throw in a little edible goody that promotes wellness a well-being. This month, they had to have known that it was my birthday month. This snack bar was to die for! Perfect blend of almonds (my favorite!) and apricots (my other favorite!)!

(Box 1)

So, there you have it folks. My first Birchbox review! If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please let me send you an invitation {I can earn points for referrals and I would greatly appreciate it}, shoot me an e-mail.

Much love,
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment