Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hello Kitty inspired nails

I don't paint my nails often because it does not pair well with motherhood, but I was really feeling in the mood to do something awe inspiring. I love Hello Kitty, I always have and I had bought a pack of Hello Kitty nail decals for my daughters during my last Sephora trip, but they wanted me to use the Sephora Blasted nail polish instead of the decals. 
So I decided to use the decals. These are the Hello Kitty Modern Icon decals for $5.00 at any Sephora store and at Sephora Online and I also used some flower nail decals that I found at my local Sally's Beauty Supply. 
You can use any base coat of your choosing but I've always had great results using the Sephora by OPI base coat, quick drying drops and top coat. The nail polish that I used is Strawberry Fields (716) by China Glaze.
How to get the look
1. Apply your base coat
2. Apply your color
3. Let your color dry: you can do this anyway you like,
but I'm always on a time crunch so I use the quick drying drops and
make sure that they dry
4. Apply your decals anyway you want.
5. Apply a top coat and let it dry

It's pretty simple. Obviously if you want a more uniform look, you can use the same decal on each nail or the same type of flowers or just the Hello Kitty bows. Remember, b.e.e creative & dream. If you have a look you want to share with me. Send me and e-mail and I just might feature your look on the blog.

Much love, 
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment