Tuesday, October 11, 2011

August Birchbox Reveal and Review

My August Birchbox came with all the appropriate beauty items. The great state of Texas is in a drought and all of my birchbox products were very hot weather applicable.

*Shaveworks: The Cool Fix: Targeted Gel Lotion* With the weather being as hot as it has been, I needed my legs to look as sexy as possible, because there was NO way I was going to be wearing pants for day number 60+ of 100+degree weather. Use this gel lotion over your legs AFTER you shave and it prevents razor burn, bumps, and ingrown hairs! Yay!

*June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque* This masque is very light and it probably requires weekly to bi-weekly use during these hot months. My face has seen an increase in acne due to my constant sweating, but I followed this masque with a cool wrap and it was divine. I had a few more acne blemishes after using the product, so I am assuming that its doing its job by forcing the impurities to the surface.

*Ouidad Climate Control: Heat & Humidity Gel* Talk about a lifesaver. My hair is so thick and happens to have a lot of flyaways. If I use hairspray/gel/mousse I get that crusty and flaky affect. Again, this product is light, but it worked well enough to tame the little hairs and keep my hair styled for most of the day. Great for heat & humidity, but not strong enough to withstand the demands of my children.

*Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer* Eh, I was thoroughly impressed by this primer, but it works. It smooths over your blemishes, wrinkles, pock marks, etc., so when you apply your foundation over the primer it looks more flawless. At least it met the expectations that I have of any primer.

*Twistband Hair Ties* A cute, fancier version of any hair tie without the retro look of the scrunchie. Its very chic and there are multiple ways you can tie it. I liked it so much that I bought two sets!

(Box 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment