Thursday, August 11, 2011

LoveandToast Happiness Kit Review


I happened to win the LoveandToast Happiness Kit from a Facebook contest hosted by Beautylish and I was super anxious to try it out. I had heard amazing things about it and I love Margot Elena, the genius behind this super happy, modern, hip line. She is also the genius behind TokyoMilk, so I had very high expectations for this kit.

White Tea & Mint Daily Shampoo & Conditioner: I happened to have extremely nasty oily hair today. So I thought what better way to test this duo? I have super thick normal hair, so when it gets dirty, I need something that will give it an amazing clean all the way down to my scalp. This duo didn't blow me out of the water. The mint gave my scalp a good tingly feeling and the white tea made my hair smell good but it performed like any other good shampoo and conditioner on the market.

Clementine Crush Shower Creme, Body Lotion, Sugar Scrub: I smell like I fell into a box of clementines and rolled around in it. I love the smell of citrus but I wish that the lotion would offer more moisture for my skin. It may just be because we've hit day 43 of 100+ weather, but when I put it on before bed, I still felt like I needed more moisture. The scrub and creme are luxurious but again nothing more than what I would expect from a scrub and creme.

Mint & Ginseng Facial Scrub: Not enough exfoliates and too much ginseng. I did not feel like my face was renewed or that the dead skin was even exfoliated BUT after using the cleanser AND the moisturizer, my face is feeling really soft.

White Tea & Mimosa Leaf Facial Cleanser: This brought back childhood memories of amazing summers, poolsides, and happiness. This cleanser, smells like the Flintstone Push Up popsicles. I indulged in it and after feeling let down by the other products, I was really happy with this cleanser. My face felt clean. It did not leave a residue or leave my face feeling dry or streaky.

Almond & Apricot Facial Moisturizer: I did not like the smell of this moisturizer but my face is feeling really soft. If you can put aside the overpowering smell of nutshells (it does not smell like almond or apricot) then yes! it does make your face feel amazing.

Green Tea & Mint Lip Scrub: This is my FAVORITE product out of the entire kit. The heat has made my lips super dry and I happened to LOVE LOVE LOVE this lip scrub. It has super exfoliating powers, so there is no need to apply a lot of pressure to your lips unless you are trying to sandblast them off of your face. Gently rub the scrub on your lips and wash. Voila! Super soft, sexy, sultry lips.

Strawberry Fields Lip Butter: Oh my goodness. When they say butter, they mean buh-tah. This delight glides on smooth and moisturizes. Again, I was on memory lane with this product as it smells like the old school Bubbletape bubble gum.
Happiness---YES! I had a wonderful sensory experience. The smells of the Clementine Crush, Strawberry Fields, White & Mimosa, Green Tea & Mint, allowed me to reflect on some of the most happiest moments in my life. A true happiness kit and if you need an extra pick me up during a rough week, then you might just want to try this kit. The design of this kit is aesthetically pleasing with its bright colors and modern design, so you just cannot help but smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment